You stay in a Canadian home, you have your own room, you live as a member of the family, sharing meals with your Homestay family and with access to laundry facilities, telephone, television and internet if available.
- Homestay allows students and visitors to live in a Canadian home as a member of the family, sharing meals with their homestay family and learning first-hand how Canadians live.
- Students that choose to stay in homestay might also be happy to discover that their English improves more quickly than students living on their own in apartments.
- Homestay includes a private (or sharing) bedroom in a Canadian home, three meals (or two) per day and access to the laundry, telephone for local calls, television and internet if available.
- Most important of all, a homestay includes friendly guidance from the homestay family to help the student adjust to life in Canada.
- The homestay family will be happy to share their knowledge with the student – anything from how to get downtown on the bus to discussing Canada’s culture and way of life.